The Westmead Institute for Medical Research (WIMR) is one of the largest medical research institutes in Australia conducting research across infectious and immune diseases; cancer and leukaemia; liver and metabolic diseases; eye and brain related disorders and heart and respiratory disorders. WIMR is proudly affiliated with The University of Sydney and Westmead Hospital.
Reporting to the Principal Research Fellow, the Postdoctoral Research Scientist will be be responsible for the provision of scientific expertise in a NSW Cancer Council funded project.
This is a full-time, contract position.
The major responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Research Scientist:
- Conducting Laboratory work on tissue cultures;
- Direct, perform and troubleshoot laboratory bench work (including maintaining accurate written & electronic records).
- Perform in vivo experiments;
- Analysing graph data and statistics on results;
- Writing manuscripts for publication; and
- Assist in grant writing;
To be successful you will need:
- PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Pathology, Virology or related fields;
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo cancer research;
- Skills in confocal microscopy and live cell imaging;
- Experience using flow cytometry;
- Previous knowledge on molecular biology (e.g. transfection and cloning);
- Experience working with human and animal tumour tissue; and
- Small animal handling skills.
Closing Date: 27 August 2018
Click here for a copy of the position description.
Applications should include a Resume, Covering Letter and Statement addressing the selection criteria, quoting the Reference Number R102018.
Please apply via our Seek advertisement.
All applications will be reviewed but only applications that meet the selection criteria will be considered for short-listing.
Only candidates eligible to work in Australia should apply.