We would like to thank the following contributors to the building fund:
- Australian Government
- New South Wales Government
- Australian Cancer Research Foundation
- Westmead Medical Research Foundation
- The Paul Ainsworth Family Foundation
- Mr Malcolm Perkin and Mrs May Perkin
- The Cecilia Kilkeary Foundation
- Westmead Hospital Charitable Trust
- The Ian Potter Foundation
- Mr Max Hadlow and Pollie Pedal
- Kids West Charity
- Mr Patrick Wilde AM and Mrs Jane Wilde
- Thyne Reid Foundation
- Staff Specialists of Westmead Hospital
- Yum! Restaurants Australia
- The Chronican Foundation
- Ms Pamela Shaw
- Rotary Club of Holroyd / The Princess Quest
- Rooty Hill RSL
- Mr Wayne Webster and Mrs Lesley Webster
- JJ Richards and Sons
- Assoc Prof Robert Osborn and Mrs Joan Mary Osborn
- Mr Robert Bothwell and Mrs Pam Bothwell
- Parramatta Leagues
- Wenty Leagues
- Arab Bank Australia
- Blacktown Workers Club Group
Australian Cancer Research Foundation (ACRF)
The ACRF supported the construction of state-of-the-art melanoma research laboratories in our new building, with a major capital grant of $5 million.
The laboratories are being used to study the genetics and genomics of melanomas, helping researchers to better understand all the different mutations that exist in melanoma.
The ACRF is one of the largest private funders of high-impact cancer research in Australia. Click here to find out more about the Foundation.
Modern medical research requires the acquisition and interrogation of huge amounts of data. Datacom, one of Australia’s leading providers of corporate information technology solutions, has generously provided the Westmead Institute with equipment and technical support that is assisting in advancing vital research.
In particular, Datacom’s is supporting ground-breaking research into new brain imaging techniques. Data generated from these techniques allows our researchers to objectively “see” mental illnesses for the first time.
Click here to find out more about Datacom and its corporate social responsibility activities.